Parents Consultation: 7+ and 8+ Entry Assessments for Top London Independent Schools
As the 7+ and 8+ entry assessments are fast approaching, it is the time to think about how you, as parents, can help your children make a substantial improvement before the exam bells ring.
Understanding how the schools design their exams and assessments and what they are looking for are of the utmost importance. It will allow you to help your children prepare for their exams more strategically. It will also help you avoid ruining your children’s hard work at the schools where the parents are also interviewed. Having the right tools, knowledge and methods about how to boost your children’s results in a short period will enable you to help your children pick up as many marks as possible marks in their exams and gain the entry to their desired schools successfully.
At First Exams, we have first hand experience and in-depth knowledge about 7+ and 8+ exams with a primary focus on top London independent schools such as Westminster Under, St Paul’s Junior and Kings College School. We provide everything that you need to know and you want to know about your children's first exams in their young lives. Our Parents Consultation Programs are designed to help the parents to make their children’s learning more effective and efficient, and to walk the parents and their children through this stressful journey smoothly and successfully.
To book a consultation:
Our consultation can cover all or any of the following areas of your choice:
- Understand the marking criteria to help your children score high.
- Possible composition tasks that could come up in this year’s exam.
- How to impress the teachers and still score high even your children cannot finish the story within the time limit.
- How to help your children write a wow-story.
- How to increase your children’s “exam-related“ wow vocabulary.
- What math exam includes (How useful is the exam syllabus published by the school?).
- How to increase the accuracy and speed of your children’s work.
- How to collect the most marks in their math exam.
- How to complete the paper within the time limit.
- Why some parents think their children’s math are strong but they didn’t score high in the exam.
- How to improve your children’s comprehension skills at different stage of their learning: Reception, Year 1, Year 1 Summer Holiday, Year 2 prior to exam.
- What you can do to improve and enhance your children’s comprehension skills.
- How to collect the most marks in their comprehension exams.
- How to make a time table/learning plan to include all the exam syllabus
and to use their time more effectively and to learn more efficiently.
Interview and activities day:
- What included in the assessment and what the schools are looking for on the day.
- How to improve your children’s critical thinking and mathematical thinking.
- How to build the interview day and activity day into your children’s everyday life to make it a pleasant experience for both children and parents.
- Behavior management and team working.
- What role dose the reasoning test play in the entire assessment.
- How much time your children should spend on practicing for reasoning test.
- Exam techniques.
To book a consultation: